Top tips to prevent cold & flu symptoms
Below are some useful measures you can take to help stop viruses from spreading.
- 1) Wash your hands frequently and properly, especially before handling food, as cold and flu viruses can spread through hand contact.
- 2) Avoid sharing glasses when drinking, it may be useful to use disposable cups instead to stop viruses from spreading.
- 3) Ensure that surfaces are cleaned frequently, such as door handles, kitchen surfaces and telephones to prevent the viruses spreading.
- 4) Open windows when possible to circulate air.
- 5) Ensure you eat a balanced diet, including fruit and vegetables; this can help keep you healthy.
- 6) Have ample rest; being too active during cold or flu will make your body less able to fight viruses.